Culture will exist in your company one way or another. Either you can take steps to shape and influence it, or it will develop on its own. Given the high stakes in business today, leaving your culture to chance is a risky proposition.Today's leaders spend enormous amounts of time, energy, and money to ensure their company's success in terms of finances, customer service, productivity, and innovation. Companies that possess a high-performing culture have the inside track to achieve all of this with little to no capital outlay. They have these five components of a high-performance culture in place:
- A solid vision/purpose with supporting values
- An outward focus on customers, where the organization acts as an "agent" for the customer
- Autonomy/entrepreneurship is encouraged and practiced
- Ambitious unrest - a bias toward action, not in the selfish sense, but rather to get things done
- Individualism, yet with collaboration.
Leaders in these companies realize the ROI from shaping their culture with these characteristics is well worth the effort. Culture is the soul of business. Leaders make it. Employees love it. Customers are loyal to it. And profit follows it.
This book will show you how to create and sustain the right culture for your company.